- Admissions Process
- Criteria for Admissions
- Financial Assistance
- ETST Graduate Course List
- Performance Standards
- Grad. Advisory Committee
- Requirement for M.A. Degree
Requirements for a Degree
- Completion of a minimum of 30 semester credits for Plan A. Completion of 32 semester credits for Plan B.
- Completion of all required courses
- Oral defense of a Master's thesis or professional paper
- Completion of a Master's thesis or non-thesis option
Thirty or thirty-two credits is the minimum required for an Ethnic Studies Master's degree. A minimum of 24 credits must be earned at CSU, 21 of which must be earned after admission to the Graduate School. At least 21 credits must be in 500 or higher level courses and at least 12 must be in regular courses. For Plan A, 3 thesis credits are required and a maximum of 6 credits allowed. For Plan B, 3 independent study or internship credits are required and a maximum of 6 credits allowed.
Students are expected to complete their degrees in 2 years (four to five semesters of course work).